Use this simple technique to quickly "jump into the Zone" for your Creative Journey.
- Relive a moment when you were at your creative peak
- Spend as much time as you can in that moment and visualize every aspect of that moment (sights, sounds, temperature, smells...)
- Use a unique physical gesture to Anchor that moment
- Later on use that unique physical gesture to trigger your peak creative state
- Keep re-visualizing creative wins in your mind and associate them to the gesture
Here is the four minute version with my own example of how I jump into my improv "happy place":
Try out anchoring for yourself and let me know how it goes in the comments.
*Note: anchoring can be used for any state you want to get into, so you can play around with it and see how it can help you!